Freeway Pro is an easy-to-use yet powerful WYSIWYG website design application that makes creating your own website easier than you might think.
Freeway Pro is the more advanced version of Freeway Express and offers more powerful import options such as full-resolution PSDs, TIFFs, EPS and Illustrator files. Freeway Pro also features Master Pages to cut down on the amount of time you have to repeat copying and pasting code things such as Headers and Footers. Unlike the Express version though, Freeway Pro requires much more coding knowledge to get the best out of it.
Like the Express version, Freeway Pro will handle the conversion to web-ready formats, leaving the original images untouched, simplifies the lay out of your website by allowing you to drag, drop and embed images and content and publish your work as clean HTML or upload to your FTP server. Any changes you make to your site will be automatically uploaded.
Freeway Pro allows you to embed Flash, QuickTime and YouTube content and more in seconds, and facilitates the addition of purchasing via your site courtesy of an e-commerce wizard. If there's anything missing that you'd like to see in Freeway Pro, you can also extend it with add-ons such as CSS menus, embedded Google Maps, or Blogger templates.
Freeway Pro is firmly aimed at professionals and the help documentation is intimidating. One thing you won't find however is a way to a multiple undo function though so be careful to save your work as you go along.
Freeway Express is an amazingly simple but deceptively powerful web design application.
- Crashes And Errors
- Freeway doesn't crash after importing an image whose file extension has been incorrectly changed from .jpg to .png
- German, French and other European number formatting is now supported in the Scriptaculous Actions (Transition FX, Attention FX and Target/Show Hide Layer)
- The FLV Player Action now references files correctly when it's in a subfolder
- Increased the CSS specificity of the Showcase Action's image captions
- The Google Maps Marker Action no longer pushes content on a Relative Page Layout out of place
- Fixed a bug that caused Flash videos in the 4:3 aspect ratio to appear squashed
- Auto-hiding image information in the Showcase Action now displays the image number correctly in Thumbnail Galleries
- Fixed a layout problem in the Showcase Action when using the "Spacing and Columns" option in "Layout"
- Fixed a bug that caused some images with the Link to New Window Action applied to disappear
- The Target Show/Hide Layer Action now supports multiple fade durations on the same page
- The Amazon Affiliates Actions now include the Italian store
- Multiple changes in the Alt Text dialog are saved correctly.